Monday, February 20, 2012

Wonderful Friends

We have been having some problems with the internet so that is why I have not updated the blog frequently!  So sorry.  On Friday I went to the airport to get Lisa.  She arrived safely, but of course it took the whole entire day to get her!  It has been a huge blessing to have Lisa here.  It is comforting to have another American to bounce ideas off of and uses her nursing knowledge.  She has also become very good at Creole and it has been great to talk with the children.  She will be leaving this week and the children and I will truly miss her. : (

Saturday was filled with activities and work.  We stayed busy and worked on some new schedules for the children.  My friend Shirley came by to visit for a couple of hours which was so much fun!  It is crazy to think that I am in Haiti, but have not seen my wonderful Haitian friend until now.

Sunday we had church which was great.  Children came from the community and we had a great play time with them.  Trying to implement new rules, watch over the children and workers, and spread God's love over this place!!!

Today the children are off from school.  Lisa and I played some games with them like hide and seek and thumbs up 7 up and had a great time with it!  I had one of my favorite times with the children today!  I played soccer with the children and some of the girls played as well!  I had an absolute blast and it was a great way to connect with the boys.

Chrisaline's eye is okay, but she still has some infection on her head.  Rose is on some antibiotics.  The two little twins tested negative for HIV!  Please pray for these children and praise God for all he is doing here!

I LOVE it here and LOVE the children!  I cannot imagine leaving them.  They are a huge blessing to me and I am so thankful that God lead me to Healing Haiti.

Playing soccer, I guess I was serious?  Not really!  More fun.  The girls team won!  YEAH

Me with Sherlunda

Sunset with Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment