Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fewer Post, but continue to follow!


So I am not sure what exactly you have missed!  Again the internet has not been working so it has delayed my posts.  Lisa has been helping me out with all children and all the things that need to be done around here.  She left yesterday to back to her job in Milot.

We made pancakes for them one morning and it was a lot of fun!  I think it took us longer then we expected, but it went very well.  All the children said it was good!  While I think it is weird to eat spaghetti for breakfast they must have thought it is weird to eat pancakes for breakfast.

The children had Monday through Wednesday off, so I had a lot of time with the children and time for them.  It was really nice because the Healing Haiti team came to visit the children on Wednesday and did an awesome job with them.  They had a lot of good activities planned.  They also came back on Friday and spent a little time with them. 

Grace Village received many great items the other day!  Thank you to all who donated/collected these items.  We are all very happy around here!

On Thursday I brought Chrisaline to get tested for parasites and then back to see Dr. Sem.  It took the whole day, of course!  But was a fun adventure and I like being out in Haiti seeing everything.  Chrisaline does have parasites and is starting some medications so pray that whatever she has is gone when she is done with her meds!

Alex is running a fever today and I am hoping that it will go away in the next couple of days and is nothing serious.  

I am amazed with how well the children have done the last two days with getting ready for school and am so proud of them!!! None of them have been late to eat which means they then get to play during the day! 

I am getting back to the routine of picking and dropping off the children at school.  Organizing things, and doing all the miscellaneous things through the day!  I am trying to learn the language more and more each day, but should probably study more!  

Driving the children to school

They did so good the last couple of days that we had time to take a picture.  The girls in their uniforms for school.

Pancakes for the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment