Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Final Details


I leave on Monday February 6th for Haiti!  And I am so incredibly excited.  I am going to be very sad to leave my husband at home, but know God has a purpose for what we are doing right now.  I have been meeting with some amazing people from Healing Haiti who have made this transition very smooth.  Julie Sexson has been the biggest blessing and a true example of someone who lives their lives for others and for God.  I cannot imagine going through all of this without her by my side! 

I am currently trying to pack my bags and get things organized for Monday morning.  I am also making sure things at work and home are in place for departure!  My last day of work is tomorrow and I am very excited about it!  My boss and coworkers have been so supportive of me and I cannot thank them enough for allowing me to embark on this journey. 

Please continue to pray for my time in Haiti.  Pray for wisdom for me and to let God use me in any way possible.  Pray for the children and all the Haitians that I will be working with.  Please pray for things home in the states to go well while I am away.  

Thanks for all your support and love!  I am planning to update frequently, but will see how the intranet is there!

Love, Gretchen 

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. –Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment