Saturday, March 24, 2012

So Blessed

It has been an adjustment not having Dan here. I have really enjoyed having him and I miss him a lot.  We both were blessed with the time we spent together here and are learning so much about our relationship.

A lot of my time the last couple of days has been sorting through all the donations that we have gotten from all the Healing Haiti teams.  Since I was not here for awhile I have been trying to catch up!  It is incredible how much things people donated and buy for these children. I feel like they are starting to get spoiled!  I hope the children know how much people in the States care for them.  I was able to give them backpacks and zip up hoodies.  I know that seems crazy to give them hoodies, but it does get cool here and they do get cold.  They love the hoodies and they were all walking around with big smiles today.

When I left for FL one of the boys seemed to have ringworm on his head.  When I got back here it was still there even after washing the hair with special shampoo and putting cream on it.  In addition to him still having it 6 other boys seemed to have the same thing!  I did not know how I would transport that many children to see Dr. Sem, so the wonderful Dr. Sem came and saw the children today. I was so grateful and appreciative of his willingness to come.  The children were happy to see him and he of course did a fabulous job.  The children will now start on cream/shampoo and oral medication.  Please pray that it will go away and it will stop spreading!

I am continuing to have so much fun with the children and keep learning new things everyday.  Please pray that I will enjoy the rest of my time here and give as much love and guidance I can to the people here.

Girls in their hoodies

Boys in their new hoodies

So Happy!

Straitening Shersunn's Hair, it was fun

No comments:

Post a Comment